Aspiring Young Leaders Academy (The AYLAcademy) is an afterschool academy designed for young leaders in grades 1 – 5 to help promote a positive change and encourage greater achievement academically, personally and socially. CRITERIA: Aspiring Young Leaders Academy (AYLA) will work with young leaders in grades 1 – 5 who –
- Demonstrate signs of low self-esteem and or image.
- Lack academic motivation yet demonstrate potential to be successful.
- Appears unsure of herself and her abilities but is observed to be a good listener and communicator.
- Demonstrate signs of moderate to high degrees of leadership abilities
- Does not have more than four (4) behavior infractions during last school year.
- All young leaders will recognize their true potential by dispelling limitations, identifying their dreams and taking active steps to pursue their goals.
- All young leaders will recognize their self-worth and demonstrate leadership abilities among their peers and when progressing towards academic, social and personal gains.
- All young leaders will demonstrate mature decision making skills and strategies.
- All young leaders will demonstrate qualities (attitude, support provided, and initiative) in their roles as a potential leader.
- All young leaders will understand the importance of serving in the community and becoming responsible citizens through public service involvement.
Measureable increase in social and personal goals will ensure reasonable increase in academic achievement for those who participate consistently in the program. The AYLAcademy 2014 LOCATION: She’Matters GIRLS, Inc (SMG, Inc) has been adopted by Ingleside Elementary to host their first year academy. 36 young ladies were nominated to for the academy. 25 Young Leaders were selected to participate in this pilot academy.
Interested in hosting the Aspiring Young Leaders Academy at your school next year. Contact SMG, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals are currently being accepted for the 2015-16 school year.Pin It